1. How many times can the system be reused ?
- GBS 10 systems are designed and tested for about 7 activations, mandatory is to use system in accordance with the manual and correct installation (especially non-deformation of the container)
2. What to do if a container is destroyed?
- The container is considered as the primary component of the system containing the serial number and its destruction is the end of the life of the whole system, we do not sell the replacement container and it is necessary to buy a new system
3. What must be bought as spare part for fire (e.g. test)?
- After each successful launch, it is necessary to replace the pyroactuator (it develops gas by expansion extruding the piston), the other components are reusable if they are not lost. In particular, the piston and cap are easily lost when activated at a higher height or used in difficult terrain
- If the system is installed correctly, no other component should be damaged by activation, the parachute may be damaged when it comes into contact with terrain (ground, vegetation, buildings...), or it may burn if the parachute is wrong installed in a container, we sell the replacement parachute.
- For debugging and testing purposes, we recommend purchasing Training pyro as in Section 16)
- The pyroactuator device is used for the development of gas, which pushes the parachute piston out of the container, allowing the parachute rescue system to be deployed
- Systems of different sizes use different pyroactuator, please pay attention to this when ordering for previously purchased systems and for installation if you have multiple types of systems
- The use of inappropriate pyroactuator may result in damage to the system or its malfunction
5. Galaxy GBS 10 is a PRS, not a landing system
- GBS 10 systems are designed and tested as a Parachute Rescue System, not for landing or for cargo distribution
6. What is included in the GBS 10 price?
- As stated in the price list on the website, it includes container, pyroactuator in transport capsule, piston, parachute, container cap and BASIC electronics and safety shorting pin with flag
- Electronics can be upgraded to higher versions at an additional cost
- It is possible to buy the following accessories and spare parts as standard: set of hang slings, cap, piston, engine cutter, training pyro, emergency buzzer
7. Princip of electronics BASIC
- Using the PWM signal, it activates the pyroactuator and thus the whole system, at the startup electronics performs a check of the correct connection of the pyroactuator and its presence in the system in general, allows connection of the engine cutter, emergency buzzer and support of training pyro
8. Electronics PRO
- Adds CANBUS communication
9. HOWTO: A2 controller
- Use DJI2GBS electronics, which can be directly connected to the A2 controller
10. HOWTO: A3 controller
- Use the A3Connect drive, which can be directly connected to the A3 controller (with the current firmware)
11. HOWTO: M300 controller
- Use Electronics Pro
- The M300 OSDK-port is able to deliver 24V 4A to getting power. Either by using the OSDK-expansion module or making a custom connector.
- Pinout described here: https://developer.dji.com/onboard-sdk/documentation/quickstart/device-connection.html
12. HOWTO: M600 controller
- Use A3 connect controller and engine cutter
- Can be directly connected
13. HOWTO PixHawk controller
- Basic unit and PWM activation by signal from controller are sufficient
14. HOWTO: more controllers
- It is necessary to determine from the controller documentation whether it allows activation of the Parachute Rescue System by PWM (BASIC) or CANBUS (PRO) signal and order the correct electronics accordingly
15. Engine cutter
- unit that you connect to BASIC, PRO and other electronics and which, when the system is activated, stops the connected engines/motors so as not to catch the parachute with the rotor
16. Training pyro
- Pyroactuator electronic simulator, which signals a fire using LEDs, especially useful for development and tuning
17. Emergency buzzer
- a component emitting intermittent sound with a volume of 107 dB from the moment the system is activated, thus warning potential persons in the area of impact of the UAV and allowing you to easily find the UAV on the ground
18. HOWTO: Transport, shipping
- Pyroactuator itself is classified as ADR 1.4S
- For easy transport, we have developed a transport capsule that can safely hold any energy and, after inserting the pyroactuator into this capsule, is declassified and considered a safe matter
- However, it is necessary to remove the pyroactuator before transporting from the system and insert it into the transport capsule
- Declassification is part of your manual
19. Folding a parachute
- Recommend you to view this video: http://www.galaxysky.cz/data/video/gbs10_parachute_folding.webm
20. How to calculate the descent rate and impact energy
- Please use link to our website, where after entering the weight in the form in the middle of the page, informative descent rate and impact energy for different GBS 10 systems will be calculated: https://www.galaxysky.cz/multicopters-s71-en
21. How to reduce the descent rate and impact energy
- Using a larger parachute (system) you will achieve less descent rate and impact energy, but at the cost of more weight of the system and higher costs.
- The systems can also be combined on UAV, but with limitations of not two systems, i.e. 1, 3, 4, 5...
- For billing per legal entity, we need billing information including VAT number for EU companies
- Invoicing will then make without VAT, outside the EU with a customs document
- Invoicing per end user customer in the EU is always subject to a 21% VAT rate
- Invoicing per end user customer outside the EU is without VAT, but with a customs document (VAT and customs duties will be paid by the customer in their country)
- Delivery terms are EXW, no duty or transport or packing is included in the price
23. When will the system be sent to me?
- We send after payment done and crediting of the invoice complete amount to our account
- Please verify carefully that you are sending the amount in the currency of the invoice (EUR) and not to any other currency
- Please verify with your bank that the entire invoiced amount will be credited to our account during the transaction and that this amount will not be charged by any transaction fees
- If less than the invoiced amount arrives in our account, order will be send to you after resting amount arrive to our account
- Payment is possible only by bank transfer
- Credit card payment, PayPal or BTC is not supported and accepted at this time
24. How long will the shipment go to me?
- EU standard 3-4 days (islands 4-5 days)
- World mostly within 5 working days
25. IP drive protection
- a. BASIC, PRO, DJI2GBS and A3Connect units have no special protection
- b. TOUGH 2 unit is baked for professional use and has IP65 protection
26. Certifikace ASTM 3322
- Certification is not for the rescue system, but for small UAV
- The rescue system is one of the elements of the rescue
- Cooperation with the manufacturer of the rescue system is important
- But standalone rescue system can't be certified according to this standard
- Cooperation, including financial aspects, is a matter of agreement between the UAV manufacturer and the manufacturer of the rescue system
27. Installing the system
- It is described in detail in the manual
- It is certainly not possible to install the system, for example, with a lid down
- It is important not to install the system with drawstrings, the container will deform and its malfunction or damage
28. Pyroactuator lifespan
- The lifespan of pyroactuator in general is very high, at least 15 years
- Pyro is qualified according to automotive specifications and testing programs (e.g. AKL-LV16, USCAR-28, etc.) we guarantee 5 years or 100 flight hours
29. Use multiple units at once
- Theoretically, multiple units can be used at once if less descent rate is required
- Can't use two drives (system is unstable and rotating), there's no problem with three, four, or more drives
- The GBS 10M system can also be used in two on UAV (because it contains three parachutes, then two system means six parachutes at once)
- Of course, the price of lower descent rate is both the higher weight and the cost of the rescue system
30. All-red and white-red container.
- From end of 2020 we have changed design of GBS 10/350 to accept same piston as is in GBS 10/150, so, great new, all our systems (10/50+10/150+10/350 including Speedy and MOD120 variants) now uses same piston.
- To visually separate the pistons and the systems that belong together, the old 350 systems are white (with a red bottom) and include a white curved piston. The new 350 systems are then all red and include a red straight piston. This is the same as with the GBS 10/150 (red container and red piston) where no change occurs
- More info. https://www.galaxysky.cz/galaxy-gbs-10-design-change-2020-s122-en
31. Does electronics work autonomously
- NO, GBS and Tough 2 electronics always use a signal from a superior controller or manual launch
- The electronics do not contain its own battery and depend on the power supply of the external source with parameters according to the manual
32. UAV types and rescue system GBS 10
- GBS 10 is primarily designed for multi rotor VTOL
- In the case of fixed wings, the use of GBS 10 can be difficult and it is necessary to send us the shape of the UAV, with the location of the propeller and the position rescue system (to decide if system can be safely use)
- In case of poor choice, the parachute may become entangled in the propeler or wing
- In the case of UAV helicopters, GBS 10 can only be used if a 3d image of UAV is sent to us and the functionality of the rescue system and its location decided by us
33. Does the unit have any usable output signal that is activated at the moment of launch and can be used, for example, for automatic chassis etrusion?
- on the AUXILIARY CONNECTOR we have an EMERGENCY BUZZER signal (manual page 4)
- This works by requiring the activation of the pyroactuator and going to launching mode (page 6) (i.e. the pyroactuator are ready to launch and a launch signal has arrived, so this output is activated for 10 seconds. It is then deactivated. When the parachute is launched, it can be reactivated via the RC1 input (search -and-rescue function)
- The signal doesn't say if the parachute was detonated, only that it's in launch mode and it's trying.
- We optimally recommend using a CAN bus (PRO and TOUCH 2 unit) where all information is available, including whether a parachute has been launched or which pyro has failed to
- Please note that after 10sec the EMERGENCY BUZZER signal is deactivated, i.e. it is necessary to ensure that the engines are permanently disconnected